Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Dependence

Bang, bang............what was that? A shooting, an explosion; I had no clue but it was close by. I looked out the window and no one is frantically running around; the night felt calm even though it was raining or I would have gone to investigate. Finally, I saw some trucks with lifts and large lights shining up a utility pole. It must have been a transformer or some other electrical outage, but I did have lights which was odd.  It wasn't until much later I found out, to my dismay, that I had NO CABLE connection. Yup, no TV, no computer. What do I do now? It was truly amazing to find out that I was lost without that connection.  I bet most moms would be soooo happy to have peace and QUIET. Well, for me, it was much too quiet and then I got really worried because I couldn't watch my favorite show "Dancing with the Stars". Totally bummed, I went to bed; took a book. Click, click, I tried the TV remote. There it was, the snowy screen gone and I was hearing a voice. Yes, I got to watch my favorite Monday night program. All is well.

Have you discovered what you rely on too much? leave a comment.

     

1 comment:

  1. I rely way to much on my phone being #1 and then my computer.

    ReplyDelete